COVID-19 has been an adventure for our entire country. While the State of Ohio starts to reopen under the guidance of our Governor, Northwest Eye Surgeons is going to reopen as well. We want to reassure our patients that we take your safety and wellness very seriously and we have taken many steps to ensure that our gradual reopening is safe.
We will have limited scheduling, starting May 4th. Our staff will be reaching out to those patients with eye diseases that we have canceled over the prior weeks. We are not scheduling routine visits at this time, but hopefully by June we can start adding those appointments.
As has been the case since the start of the pandemic, if you have any symptoms (cough, fever, etc.), have been exposed or have traveled, we ask that you not come in for an appointment. We are taking every precaution that we can to protect our staff and our patients, and we ask that you help support us in that measure.
Upon arriving at the office, you will notice a few updates.
- All staff members will be wearing masks. We ask you to wear a mask to your appointment as well.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at the front desk areas.
- Our lobby seating allows for social distancing. We do ask that only the patient come into the office, if possible, to minimize the number of people in the office building. If additional people are required to come in with the patient, we ask that only the patient go back for the exam.
- The optical shop will be open, however, we will be limiting the number of people allowed in that area at one time. If you are coming to the office to only see the optician, please call ahead to ensure that you can be seen.
- To limit your direct interaction with staff, a technician may take your health history over the phone rather than complete it in person.
- If dilation is a required portion of your exam, you will be given the option to sit in your car to wait, rather than sit in the lobby areas.
- We have increased our cleaning procedures over the last 5 weeks and disinfect after each patient.
We are excited to get back to seeing our patients and starting our “New Normal”.